The European Regulation (Reg 2009/79) , integrated by the regulation n.406/2010 has put some light on the homologation of a vehicle fuelled with hydrogen or a blend which contains it.
The authorizative procedures applied within MHyBUS were the result of a discussion table between the MHyBUS partnership and the Ministry of Transport, represented by the Centro Prove Autoveicoli (CPA).
Listo of relevant regulations:
- Reg 406/2010/EC implementing Regulation (EC) No 79/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on type-approval of hydrogen-powered motor vehicles
- Reg 79/2009/EC with dispositions on type-approval of hydrogen-powered motor vehicles
- Reg. 1060/2008/EC amending parts of the Directive 2007/46/EC
- Directive 2007/46/EC establishing a framework for the approval of motor vehicles and their trailers, and of systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles
- Reg. UN/ECE n.110 Uniform provisions concerning the approval of specific components of motor vehicles using compressed natural gas (CNG) in their propulsion system