Mhybus’s concrete achievements:
- The hydromethane (15% hdyrogen and 85% methane in volume) fuelled bus travelled for more than 45.000 Km thereby completing the road tests. More than 10.000 passengers were on board Mhybus between January and September 2013. During road tests no technical problems occurred due to the use of the blend;
- Monitoring data about CO2 emissions and fuel consumptions quantify the reduction of transport’s environmental impact obtained thanks to the use of hydromethane
||Difference as percentage
- After more than 45.000 km with hydromethane, the engine’s performances were identical, as proven by bench tests at the CNR in Napoli. Moreover, specific analysis on some of the engine’s components demonstrated that their properties were not affected by contact with hydrogen;
- The vehicle has been prepared, after an initial bench-test phase, using a methane fuelled engine with the only adjustment of the settings of the engine’s electronic control unit adding a delay of the ignition;
- During the road tests, with and without passengers, the vehicle was provided hydromethane by a dedicated fuelling station, designed and realized for the project within an hydrogen production plant at the premises of SOL in Ravenna.